High Compliance System
The IMSU High Compliance system is a new service for Clinical Trials Units (CTUs) and Medical Division Departments or Units who need to securely access applications, and manipulate and store very sensitive data.
As such the new system is not intended as a repository or archive of sensitive data. The primary purpose is to allow people to manipulate sensitive data in a secure environment as required by regulatory bodies.
The main differences with the current system are:
- enhanced access controls (tighter policies for registration of users, password change and strength, restriction to computers on the IMSU network)
- more comprehensive system monitoring for login attempts, intrusion, file deletion, rights assignment changes, etc.
- tighter restrictions at the firewall – no access to the Internet, etc.
- no access to external USB memory sticks, CDs, DVDs, etc.
- the data owner (or group leader) will take the responsibility of authorising who can access their data. The data owner will need to make sure their sponsor or the people providing them with the data agrees for the data to be stored and used on our system
How does this system work
Using a Remote Desktop Connection, users gain access to a virtual desktop that runs on a server. Only the video display, the keyboard strokes and mouse movements are transmitted on the network. The data stays on the server, and the applications and programs run on the server. Users connect to our servers from their workstation whether they use a Windows or a Macintosh computer. The environment of the virtual desktop is equivalent to Windows 7 operating system. This system uses a different set of credentials from those currently used to access the IMSU/Novell network. The Remote Desktop Connection offers a restricted range of Windows-based applications such as Microsoft Excel, Access, SPSS, etc. Specialist applications can be installed for Units who have purchased licensed applications. Users will not be able to install any applications on these virtual desktops themselves. Only IMSU are able to do this.
Project leaders are invited to contact us to discuss their needs. Please note that only users with valid University cards will be permitted to use the new system.
User information and Registration forms